This past weekend MCC staff spoke on CEI at all six Masses at St. Peter Parish in Jefferson City. After each Mass volunteer Circulators collected signatures and large bundles of notarized petition pages have now been delivered to the MCC. The big contribution of St. Peter is very fitting, given that the parish is located next to the Missouri State Capitol and it was in this parish that Catholic schooling first began in Central Missouri. St. Peter Parish founded a school in 1854. In 1931 St. Peter High School was started and it served the community until the opening of Helias Interparish High School in 1955. For a short history of St. Peter Parish, click here.
Posted: December 20, 2013