Too often we forget to thank those who help us. There were many legislators who played key roles in passing the religious liberty bill – SB 749. Here are a few of the key lawmakers you might want to contact and thank (click their names to send them an email):
- Senator John Lamping, sponsor of SB 749: He was the captain who steered SB 749 safely into port;
- Senate Majority Floor Leader Tom Dempsey: He managed Senate floor debate on SB 749 and served on the conference committee that resolved the differences between the Senate and House;
- House Majority Floor Leader Tim Jones: He made sure SB 749 kept moving forward in the House;
- State Representative John Diehl: He quickly moved SB 749 out of the House Rules Committee and to the House floor for debate;
- State Representative Sandy Crawford: She handled SB 749 for the debate on the House floor and rebutted phony arguments that the bill represented a “war on women”;
- State Representative Jay Barnes: He secured passage of an amendment to SB 749 that ensured people would not have to pay for abortions in their health plans;
- State Representative Stanley Cox: He secured passage of an amendment authorizing the state attorney general to bring suit in state or federal court defending the religious liberties established in SB 749.