Now that you’ve paid your income taxes for 2017, you might enjoy knowing some interesting facts connected to taxes:
- The first income tax ever was in 1404 in England.
- The first U.S. income tax started during the Civil War.
- The 16th Amendment, ratified in 1913, established the first permanent U.S. income tax.
- The estimated revenue from individual income taxes in 2018 is $1.7 trillion.
- 90 percent of returns are expected to be filed electronically.
- $2,925 is the average tax refund as of March 23, 2018.
- The timetable for refunds with a paper return is seven weeks.
- 60 percent of taxpayers hired professional help to file taxes in 2017.